Table of Contents
Information We Collect
There are three basic categories of information we collect:
- Information you choose to give us
- Information we get when you use our services
- Information we get from third parties
How We Collect Information
Information You Choose To Give Us
When you use and interact with our services, we collect the information you choose to share with us. For example, most of our services require you to set up a basic LolSnaps account, so we need to collect a few important details about you, such as: a unique username you choose, a password, and an e-mail address. To make it easier for others to find you, we may also ask you to provide us additional information that will be publicly visible on our services, for example a profile picture, a name, or other identifiable information. Our other services, such as commerce products, may also require you to provide us with a debit card or credit card number and its associated account information. You’ll also provide any information you send through our services, such as post and comment uploads. Keep in mind that the posts and comments you upload can be seen publicly, and can always be saved and copied outside of our services. Please don’t share content you wouldn’t want someone to save or share. Lastly, when you contact us or communicate with us in any way, we’ll collect any information you give us.
Information We Get When You Use Our Services
When you use our services, we collect information about which services you use and how you use them. For example, we may know what section or post you are reading, when you’re reading it, and how you’re reading it (desktop, mobile browser, or mobile app). Here’s a more detailed explanation of the information we collect when you use our services:
- Usage Information. We collect information about your activity through our services. For example: How you interact with our services, such as what sections you look at, what you search for, what posts and comments you upload, or what posts and comments you upvote or downvote.
- Content Information. We collect content you create on our services. For example: The images, videos, and text you upload.
- Content Creation. We also collect information about the content you create. For example: When you created the content, where you created the content, and how you created the content such as device information.
- Content Interaction. We also collect information about how other users interact with your content. For example: Post upvotes and downvotes and comments and comment upvotes and downvotes.
- Device Information. We collect information from and about the devices you use. For example: Information about your hardware and software, such as hardware model, operating system version, device memory, advertising identifiers, unique device identifiers, browser type, language, battery level, and time zone. We also collect information about your wireless and mobile network connections, such as service provider, and signal strength.
- Location Information. When you use our services, we may collect information about your location.
- Log Information. We also collect log information when you use our services. For example:
- Details about how you’ve used our services.
- Device information, such as web browser type and language.
- Access times.
- Pages and content viewed.
- IP address.
- Identifiers associated with cookies or other technologies that may uniquely identify your device or browser.
- Pages you visited before or after visiting our website or using our service.
Information We Collect From Third Parties
We may collect information from our affiliates and third parties. For example:
- If you use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to sign up or sign in to our services, we may receive information so you can create or access your LolSnaps account.
- If you interact with one of our advertisers, they may share information with us to help target or measure ad performance.
How We Use Information
We use your information to provide you with the best products and services we can build and improve. Here’s what we use this information for:
- To develop, maintain, improve, deliver, and protect our products and services.
- Monitor and analyze trends and usages of our products and services.
- Send you communications, including by e-mail. Examples include using e-mail to respond to support inquiries, or to share information about our products, services, and promotional offers that we think may interest you.
- Personalize our services by showing you better and more relevant content.
- Provide ad targeting and measurement, including the use of your precise location information to show relevant ads.
- Enhance and enforce the safety and security of our products and services.
- Verify your identity and prevent fraud, or other authorized and illegal activity.
- Use information we’ve collected and other data to enhance our services and products.
- Enforce our Terms of Service and other usage policies.
How We Share Information
We may share information about you in the following ways:
With other LolSnaps Users. We may share information with other LolSnaps users. Examples include:
- Information about you, such as your name, username, and profile pictures.
- Information you upload, such as image or video posts.
- Information about how you interacted with our services, such as the content you saved, the comments you post, and the content you upvote and downvote.
With all LolSnaps Users, our business partners, and the general public. We may share information with all LolSnaps users, our business partners, and the general public. Examples include:
- Public information like your name, username, and profile pictures.
- Content submissions and saved content set to be viewable by everyone.
- Content from our services that you share on other services, such as Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
With our third parties, such as service providers, affiliates, and business and legal partners. We may share your information with third parties. Examples include:
- Service providers who perform services on our behalf; business partners that provide functionality and other services; other third party entities within the our family of companies.
- With third parties for legal reasons. We may share information about you if we reasonably believe that disclosing the information is necessary. Examples include:
- To comply with any valid legal process, governmental request, or applicable law, rule or regulation.
- To investigate, enforce, or remedy potential Terms of Service violations
- To protect the safety, rights, and property of LolSnaps, our users, or others.
- To detect and resolve any fraud or security matters or concerns.
- With third parties as part of a merger or acquisition. If LolSnaps gets involved with a merger, asset sale, financing, liquidation, bankruptcy, or acquisition of all or some portion of our business to another company, we may share your information with the company before, during, and after the transaction.
We may also share aggregated, non-personally identifiable, or de-identified information with third parties, such as advertisers.
Third-Party Content and Integrations
Our services may contain third-party links and search results, include third-party integrations, or offer a co-branded or third-party-branded-service. Through these links, third-party integrations, and co-branded or third-party-branded services, you may be providing information, including personal information, directly to the third party, to us, or to both. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for how those third parties collect or use your information. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of every third-party service you visit or use, including those third parties you interact with through our services.
Analytics and Advertising Services
Provided by Others
Provided by Us
How Long We Keep Your Information
LolSnaps stores your information, the posts you upload, and the comments you upload for a period of time. For example:
- We store your basic account information, including your name, username, and email address until you ask us to delete them
- We store location information for different lengths of time based on how precise it is and which services you use.
- We are constantly collecting and updating information about the things you like or dislike, so we can provide you with more relevant data, more relevant ads, and a better user experience.
If you decide to stop using LolSnaps, you can ask us to delete your account or you can delete your account through our self-service functionality. There may be legal requirements to store your data and we may need to suspend those deletion practices if we receive valid legal process or request asking us to preserve that content, or if we receive reports of abuse or other Terms of Service violations. We may also need to retain certain information in backup for a limited period of time, or as required by law.
Control over Your Information
At LolSnaps, your privacy is important to us. We want you to have control over the information you give us, the information we use, and the information we keep. These are the tools we provide you to control your information:
- Removing Permissions. If you agree to let us use your information, you can change your mind at any time by changing the settings on your device. If you remove permission, certain services may be impacted and may lose functionality.
- Deletion. We hope you remain a LolSnaps user for life, but if you want to delete your account, please contact us or use the self service functionality.
Users in the European Union
If you’re a user in the European Union, please note that LolSnaps.com is the data controller of your information. Here’s additional information we would like you to know:
Basis For Using Your Information
Your country only allows us to use your personal information when certain conditions apply or are met. These conditions are called legal basis. At LolSnaps, we rely on one of the following basis:
- Contract. We may use your information because you’ve entered into an agreement with us. For example, when you buy our merchandise and have accepted our Terms, we may use some of your information to collect payment and to make sure you receive the right product, at the right time, to the right address.
- Legitimate Interest. We may use your information because we – or a third party – has a legitimate interest. For example, we need to use your information to provide, maintain and improve our services. This includes protecting your account, uploading your posts and comments, providing customer support, and showing the best content you’ll like. Most of these services are free. To keep the lights on at LolSnaps HQ, we may use this information to show you relevant ads. We believe legitimate interest does not outweigh your right to privacy, so we only rely on legitimate interest when we think the way we are using your data does not significantly impact your privacy.
- Consent. We may ask for your consent to use your information for specific purposes. If we do, we’ll make sure you can revoke your consent in our services or through your device permissions at any time. Even if we’re not relying on consent to use your information, we may ask you for permission to access data such as your location.
- Legal obligation. We may use your personal information when we are required to comply with the law, such as when we respond to valid legal process or need to take action to protect our users or employees.
Your Right To Object
You have the right to object to our use of your information. For some data, we’ve provided you with the ability to delete your data if you don’t want us to store or process it anymore. For other data, you can stop our use of your information by disabling the feature altogether. You can do these things on our site or in our apps. If you find other types of information you don’t agree with us using, please contact us.
We may collect your personal information from, transfer it to, and process it in the United States and other countries outside of where you live. When we share information of EU users outside the EU, we make sure an adequate transfer mechanism is in place. For internal transfers, we rely on the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield.
Your Right To Complain
If you’re based in the EU and have a complaint, you can file your complaint with the supervisory authority in your Member State. For example, if you’re based in the UK, you can file a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Our services are not intended for anyone under 13. We don’t direct our services to anyone under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under 13. We may limit how we collect, use and store some of the information of EU users between ages 13 and 16. If we need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your information and your country requires consent from a parent, we may require your parent’s consent before we collect and use that information
Updated on: June 1, 2019